We love our Joby tripod because you can’t always trust other tourists to take a nice picture of you (sorry, but it’s true!). This tripod is super lightweight and helps us get great shots on all our travels!
- GoPro and selfie stick – Great for capturing your adventure in video form!
- Anker Battery Charger
- If you’re camping in the National Parks, chances are you’ll go a few days without having access to an outlet. We love our Anker charger because we can get 7 phone charges out of it! We did a lot of research on external chargers before making the purchase, and this is one of the best ones you can get!
- Cooler for picnic lunches – With the exception of Zion, you won’t be able to find food inside the national parks. You’ll want to be prepared with plenty of food for picnics and snacking.
- Hat for shade
- Sunglasses – We love our bamboo Tree Tribe shades. They are high-quality, lightweight and float in water! And the best part is that 10 trees are planted for every purchase!
- Water bottle or Camelback
- Chapstick and lotion – the dry desert heat can wreak havoc on your lips and skin.
- Microfiber towel -These towels dry super quickly and pack down tight.
- Collapsible backpack – This guy folds up super small and is great for day hikes!
WANT TO TRY OUT VAN LIFE WHILE VISITING UTAH?
If you don’t have the time (or interest!) in building your own conversion but you still want to give van life a test drive, we’ve got an idea for you! We’d recommend getting a rental vehicle from Escape Campervans. They have 10 different locations across North America and come fully loaded with all the gear you need for an epic road trip. Plus, their rates are fair and affordable.