How long should I plan to spend in Utah?
We’d recommend at least a week if you want to visit all of the Mighty 5 National Parks. We think 10 – 12 days would be ideal for a trip like this, and would allow you to see some sights outside of the parks as well!
What to pack for Utah’s National Parks
Packing can be one of the most daunting parts of planning a trip, but lucky for you, we’ve got you covered with a complete packing list so you are totally prepared during your visit to Utah. And don’t for get to pack some eco-friendly travel gear to help leave no trace.
- Hiking clothes
- Summer: Tank tops and also light layers to shield your skin from the sun.
- Spring and fall: Pack layers because it can get cool at night!
- Winter: Lots of warm layers for cold nights. Don’t forget a hat and gloves!
- Packing cubes – These babies help us keep our clothes organized and compact.
- Shoes for hiking – We wore our Chacos everywhere in Utah! We also wore hiking boots a few times.