Poor vodka, so often relegated to the boring old “I’m watching my calories” vodka soda category or the sloppy vodka shots of college days past. Now that we’re all adults, can we give vodka—the perfect mixing spirit—the treatment it deserves? Behold 20 exemplary (and easy-to-pull-off) cocktail recipes to try at home, so you’ll never think of the clear stuff the same way again.
1Lime Matcha Cocktail
- 1.5 parts Absolut Lime
- 1.5 parts Fresh Pressed Green Apple Juice
- .5 parts Lime Juice
- .25 parts Simple
- ½ part barspoon Matcha Powder
Shake all ingredients and strain into a cocktail glass.
Courtesy of Absolut Vodka
2Black Cherry Beast
- 1.5 parts EFFEN Black Cherry Vodka
- 2 parts White Cranberry Juice
- 0.5 parts Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 0.5 parts Fresh Lemon Juice
- Brandied Cherries, for garnish
- Shake and strain all ingredients over fresh ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with brandied cherries.
- Courtesy of EFFEN Vodka